Kia Ora koutou, hello everybody!
Just a few news items today:-)
The latest upload is “live” now. This one is the follow on from the “Flat Base” Kete Whakairo Tutorial. It is the “How to make a 3 (or more) segmented Kete Whakairo”. I also uploaded two dye videos last week (they are on youtube as well but inside the weaver’s circle they are ad-free). I also created a new segment on “cakes”. That one links to my baking videos with my grandmother’s recipes.
So in addition to the above, we have a number of other video tutorials already inside the Weaver’s Circle.
Currently published in the Members-only area, the Weaver’s Circle are the following videos:
- How to “read” or learn a pattern, Part 1 and 2
- How to weave a lid on a kete Whakairo
- How to make a “middle kete” or “split width” kete Whakairo
- How to turn the sides on any flat project, e.g. how to make a placemat
- How to weave a Flat Base on a Kete Whakairo
- How to make a Kono with a zigzag finish (easy, can be made with paper as well)
- How to weave an oblong kono (Kono Roa) with a turning in the finish (easy, can be made with paper as well)
- How to weave a purse with paper (easy)
- How to “embed” common seashells such as Paua or Kina in Harakeke/NZ Flax
In the pipeline (over the next few weeks) will be: How to make a A4 Folder
I am also trying to find a suitable date for our first Member’s Zoom meeting. I will e-mail all the current members and find out what day and time would suit you best. This first one will be about “getting to know me”, suggestions and questions from your side.
Remember, all these things (videos, downloads, zoom meeting) are only accessible to monthly or yearly subscribers to the Weaver’s Circle. Membership starts at $15 a month or $150 a year (giving you 2 months free!).